[pianotech] Canadian Sound board wood

Dale Erwin erwinspiano at aol.com
Thu Aug 26 08:52:51 MDT 2010

Hi All
Just returned form Canada last week.  My new favorite country. You know it only has 33 million people in land size similar to the U.S....Hey, Calif has 40 million.
 Yes I know the winters are cold. The Canadian beauty is breathtaking
I secured a long term lumber contact with a venerable wood supplier in Canada. A timber-man who has 38 years of experience reading logs and providing specialty wood.
 The long cants are from 27 ft sections. Amazing straight grain and few defects. The logs are Engleman which is coming at some point for those that like it.
  Trix and I acquired many thousands of  board ft of aircraft grade Sitka spruce from a large log approx 800-1000 yrs old.  Average grain count is 20 to 30 rings per inch. Absolutely drop dead gorgeous.
  We  now offer these Panels, and rib stock to the trade and are immediately available.
  Any size panel, any thickness, grain count or grain angle orientation. Sanded flat thru a big panel sander
  Contact me off line for prices and details.

 Dale S. Erwin
 www.Erwinspiano.com
Custom piano restoration
Ronsen Piano hammers