[pianotech] Loose hammer head felts.

Jon Page jonpage at comcast.net
Wed Aug 25 12:16:40 MDT 2010

>1.  Should I wait for the titebond to dry on the felt before attempting
>repair?

No, the moisture in the TB activates the CA and the CA grips the felt
with a foaming action.

>2.  From a tension point of view, Is it better to glue one side first and
>then after that has set, then pull the felt over and glue the other side. Im
>thinking that I could get higher tension in the felt this way.

Yes, get one side stable before gluing. However, you may have to let
the first side dry overnight to withstand the tension of clamping the
other side.

BTW,this two-glue method comes to us by Susan Kline.
--

Regards,

Jon Page