[pianotech] OT: "when did the world change to color?"

kurt baxter fortefile at gmail.com
Sat Aug 14 19:26:55 MDT 2010

Wow, thanks for the tip! It feels like finding a perfectly preserved time
capsule of life.

I know this sounds petty, but as dramatic as black and white photos are (and
as much as I love black and white as an amateur photographer), the
monochrome does sometimes distance me from the visceral humanity behind the
image. It's somehow easier to emotionally disconnect from the implication of
whatever is in the photo, especially when it happened "long ago".

Color film, if only becuase of it's rarity on the subject, is like this
bright sharp wake up call that these were real people living entire real
lives on either side of these frozen moments.

[k]