[pianotech] Grizzly 17" wood/metal bandsaw

William Monroe bill at a440piano.net
Sat Aug 14 07:22:09 MDT 2010

Hi Mark,

I have the larger Rikon (18") and after initial set-up (which wasn't
difficult), it runs and functions more than well enough for me.  I'm not
doing production woodwork, nor cutting pinblocks every week, so I don't know
about their value in heavy use situations, but for a one man rebuilding
shop, it's been great.  My biggest complaint about the 18" (and I would
assume the 14"  is the fence.  It's really substandard for all but the
coarsest stuff.  It works, but.........

With the 14", you'll have some options as far as after market fences go, and
I'd consider getting one.

William R. Monroe