[pianotech] Whistlin' Wixey

Ron Nossaman rnossaman at cox.net
Thu Aug 12 13:04:45 MDT 2010

George F Emerson wrote:
>Although some insist that it is
> impossible for the string to ride up on the bridge pins, I have seen it
> and measured it.

I am that some that insist it doesn't happen without some
aberrant condition like near vertical bridge pins and negative
bearing. A number of folks have claimed to have measured
strings up bridge pins, but no one has shared the method other
than "I tapped the string, and it moved down". This is
accounted for by the rounded down string track observable on
old bridge caps. How exactly did you measure and observe this?

Ron N