[pianotech] pinblock drilling clamp

Mike Spalding mike.spalding1 at verizon.net
Thu Aug 12 13:00:08 MDT 2010

Wim,

The problem you have solved is not the problem I was having.  During the
second pass, when the .257 drill enters the .219 hole, it can grab and
lift the pinblock at any point during the feed, not just at the end when
it penetrates the bottom of the block.  By clamping the block securely
during the entire stroke, not only is this grab-and-lift prevented, but
any random shifting of the pinblock that might make the hole slightly
larger is also prevented.

Mike