[pianotech] Grizzly 17" Metal/Wood Bandsaw

Terry Farrell mfarrel2 at tampabay.rr.com
Thu Aug 12 03:45:57 MDT 2010

The "resaw" feature on this bandsaw is unique. It is especially useful
when working with expensive wood where you can't afford any mistakes.
Basically, it's kind of like the "undo" editing feature on your
computer. You accidentally delete a line, and all you need to do is
click on "undo" and the line magically reappears. Similar on the saw.
If you make a cut and find that it is crooked or misplaced, you can
push the "resaw" button and it will undo the cut. Line things back up
and make your proper cut. It has saved me countless times. Probably
why the machine costs what it does.

........... NOT!!!!!   So much for shop dreams!  ;-)

A board, any board, let's say a 2" x 6" x 36" board of spruce, has
three dimensions: length, width and thickness. Assuming your bandsaw
table is square to your blade, if you lay the board flat on the
bandsaw table and feed it into the blade perpendicular to the long
axis, you will be crosscutting the board. If you lay the board flat on
the table and feed it into the blade parallel with the long axis, you
will be ripping the board. If you set the board up on one of its two
long edges (the smallest dimension) and feed it into the blade
parallel to its long axis, you will be resawing the board to whatever
desired thickness you want.

So when I buy my typical 2" x 6" x 18' Sitka Spruce boards to make
soundboard panels with: