[pianotech] mold

Jon Page jonpage at comcast.net
Wed Aug 11 06:46:00 MDT 2010

>>Do not overlook if there is Corfam on the butts.
>>If it falls within '74-'84, change the butts also.
>>--
>There is a big problem. It has corfam and it is coming loose under the
>jacks.  I'm thinking superglue.  It has been roughed up, so they had some
>problem with it in the past.   If I hadn't ordered hammers, I'd now
>recommend they scrap it.      I can't afford to eat the cost of the hammers,
>yet don't want to cheat the customer either, so I'm at a loss. I'm sure the
>corfam parts can be super-glued quite easily.

It's better to point out the situation with the Corfam now rather than waiting
and having the jack start to click hitting the hard Corfam on return and the
catchers slipping/bobbling out of the backchecks.

Don't make your present oversight a future burden for the customer.
You can always sell the hammers to someone, there's plenty of exploding
hammers out there.

Or simply sell them an Ecsaine repair if it's worth it; if not, it
shouldn't get
new hammers in the first place. If they can't afford the replacement,
absorb the expense and replace it, chalk it up to experience; you won't
make that mistake again.
--

Regards,

Jon Page