[pianotech] mold

Terry Farrell mfarrel2 at tampabay.rr.com
Wed Aug 11 04:46:28 MDT 2010

You mention that the piano - the Baldwin Hamilton? - is shot. Is the
piano worth a new set of hammers?  I've super-glued quite a few sets
of hammers on these older/lesser/more-worn pianos with very good
success. Not by any means the route I would recommend for a
performance piano, but one that is limping along and is not really
worth dumping money in, IMHO, like will sound just as good (or ho-hum)
with repaired hammers as new hammers - and for a whole lot less $$.

Other than that, it sounds like you have it covered. DC units and
lower the humidity in the rooms as much as is possible and you've done
about all you can.

Terry Farrell