[pianotech] Player question

Chuck Behm behmpiano at gmail.com
Tue Aug 10 17:53:19 MDT 2010

>Hi Chuck,
Thank you.
Could you explain what happened when you didn't replace the gusset leather?
John Ross
Windsor, Nova Scotia<

I'm sorry John. I thought you meant the cardboard type reinforcement inside
the bellows. If you leave that out the pneumatic cloth will balloon out too
easily. The reinforcement keeps it in check.

I may be wrong, but I'm guessing any leather on the outside was added on
after the bellows began to crack at the creases.

Ron knows what he's talking about. Listen to what he has to say. Chuck