[pianotech] Grizzly 17" Metal/Wood Bandsaw

Paul T Williams pwilliams4 at unlnotes.unl.edu
Tue Aug 10 14:29:25 MDT 2010

I  like Grizzly products!  I have a belt sander that is easy to clean,
change belts, etc....and it's really quiet!  I've not used their bandsaw,
but it's probably a good one.

Paul

From:
Mark Purney <mark.purney at mesapiano.com>
To:
pianotech at ptg.org
Date:
08/10/2010 02:14 PM
Subject:
[pianotech] Grizzly 17" Metal/Wood Bandsaw

I'm still planning my shop and I've got my eye on this bandsaw. I was
curious to hear opinions from those who do lots of shop work if this is
a good choice. I consider this one of the most important tools, and I
don't want to regret my decision later on.

http://grizzly.com/products/G0640X

The metal cutting ability would be very useful, but that brings up an
important point. Is there a way to safely do dust collection on a
bandsaw that cuts both metal and wood?