[pianotech] Player Question?

John Ross jrpiano at eastlink.ca
Tue Aug 10 06:45:32 MDT 2010

I don't do that many, and have ran into one with gussets.
Not having done one with gussets before, I do not have any of the leather.
The bellows material was deteriorated. However there are no holes or show of wear under the area where the gussets are.
The bellows in question are 17 3/4" X 12" X 6" .
The reservoir bellows is 17" X 12" X 7 1/2" and has no gussets.
I am wondering if the gussets are required in bellows of this size?
Thank you,
John Ross
Windsor, Nova Scotia.