[pianotech] Soundboard Decals coming loose

Joseph Garrett joegarrett at earthlink.net
Wed Aug 4 23:28:03 MDT 2010

Les asked: "Do any of you have wonderful ways of fastening down soundboard decals which
are coming loose and up, touching strings? I've had this problem on two
Korean pianos, and haven't a clue as to how to fix it."

Les,
Probably Korean Kohler & Campbell P.S.O...right?<G> Just had one last week. The decal hasn't gotten to the strings...yet. Showed the owner the problem. Then told them why the decal came loose: "it was a cheap decal, with it's own self-adhesive backing".
Anything short of a lot of work to get it to stick back down...(and have it come back up again), would be, IMO, wasted effort. My take is: get hemostats, reach in and yank that sucker out of there and be done with it.<G>
Joe

Joe Garrett, R.P.T. (Oregon)
Captain, Tool Police
Squares R I