[pianotech] Simple repair - so why not done?

tnrwim at aol.com tnrwim at aol.com
Wed Aug 4 18:16:00 MDT 2010

David

When this customer called you to set up her appointment, was her first question, "how much do you charge?"

Most people think the only thing that ever needs to be done to a piano is "tuned". So they don't understand why the least expensive tuner doesn't always have the knowledge to take care of problems, whether they are run of the mill or unusual ones.

If she always got the "cheapest" tuners, they probably didn't know how to solve the minor problem.

Wim