[pianotech] Tuning lever

Allen Wright akwright at btopenworld.com
Wed Aug 4 15:22:54 MDT 2010

David,

Having tried my good friend David B's Fujian (albeit briefly), as
well as Rick Ohlendorf's, I had the feeling that the Fujian may be a
tad stiffer - and I believe objectively this is acknowledged to be
the case, isn't it? -  that the tube affords more stiffness. But it's
a matter of degrees, and my Faulk lever is so profoundly better than
my old (although very beautiful) Keith Bowman Renner hammer, that I'm
not too concerned if it has a little less stiffness. It feels and
works wonderfully.

Part of my reason for choosing the Faulk at the time was aesthetics.
I liked the beautiful wood handle in combination with the sexy black
carbon fiber shaft! I also liked the esoteric sound of the name
"Carpathian Elm"  : ) The latest Faulks have an aluminum tube around
the CF, as you probably know.

Hope this is helpful.

Allen