[pianotech] Dryburgh Adhesives

Court Stewart calexste at gmail.com
Wed Sep 30 15:47:58 MDT 2009

 Keith,

The closest thing I have to that is a *Michael's *craft store -- the closest
after that is over an hour away.  The last time I checked *Michael's* they
only had Locktite brand, which I don't want to use -- the products I've used
were not quite water thin and I've read some reports by others (on list) who
had bad experiences.  I will recheck, though.  Are there any other national
brands that have proven reliable?   My concern is freshness -- I guess
there's no guarantee of that no matter where I get it though.  I figure if
it makes my eyes water, it's okay :)

Another general question: On Dryburgh's site they recommend using the
spritzer after applying the CA.  I've never used accelerator for tuning pins
before, and it's hard for me to imagine the advantage.  Does it allow you to
check torque and do your fine tuning immediately after application?  Seems
to me it may interfere with the capillary action if used too quickly.

Thanks,
Court