[pianotech] Somewhat OT... metals recycling

William Monroe bill at a440piano.net
Wed Sep 30 06:51:02 MDT 2009

For my part, I honestly don't care if it's "worth my time."  Recycling metal
makes sense and is the responsible thing for me to do.  I don't want to fill
up more landfills with waste that really isn't waste.  For the most part it
doesn't take time.  Instead of throwing things in the garbage, throw them in
the metal recycling container.  Yes things like stripping copper from bass
strings takes some time (obviously not a first priority, at least in my
shop) so when I'm doing "shop cleanup day" or some such, that's one of the
details that gets taken care of.  I just can't stomach putting something in
another landfill that would just as easily be re-used.

William R. Monroe