[pianotech] Upright Action Restorations

Gerald Groot tunerboy3 at comcast.net
Wed Sep 23 16:14:31 MDT 2009

Unless the piano needs rebuilding or finish work, I never remove the piano
itself from the residence removing only the action. Time allocation depends
on what needs to be done.  Assuming no felts need replacing just carding,
regulation and the typical hammer spacing and mating on verticals, I figure
about 3 hours or so in the home leveling keys, regulation etc., when I
return it and a couple of hours in the shop working on it there.  I do
charge 2 additional service calls however for my time traveling over to
remove and re-install the action though.