[pianotech] acro fix

tom tomtuner at verizon.net
Tue Sep 22 18:58:22 MDT 2009

List,

I sent a post to files @PTG with several images but I don't think it went
out.

Here are a few pics of the repair. Excuse any redundancy if the first post
shows up later

All is right with my world again!

 I seem lose one of these rails once a decade.

For the past few years I have used rubber mutes to hold the rail on, but I'm
going back to the damper block method from here on.

   I used a straight edge to hold the stickers in line, then one at a time
inserted the stickers holding the rail in place with upright damper blocks
as I progressed.  Steinway blocks work best as the holes are bigger than the
pins on the stickers and slip on easily.

Job done in 15 minutes or so even with the photo journalism efforts.

Tom Driscoll