[pianotech] Oversize tuning pins AFTER CA glue??

Joseph Garrett joegarrett at earthlink.net
Tue Sep 22 14:07:18 MDT 2009

I would appreciate any advice anyone might be able to offer me regarding
replacing the tuning pins in a 1961 Baldwin L with, I believe, a replacement
pinblock that was subsequently treated with CA glue. Will the old CA glue
cause any problems when pounding in new pins. I think one size larger would
yield adequate torque.

First of all, don't pound them in...screw them in using a "T" hammer. Why is it that you are not a fan of CA Glue treatment? I can understand the Pin-tight" reluctance, but CA is a whole different critter, IMHO.
Joe

Joe Garrett, R.P.T. (Oregon)
Captain, Tool Police
Squares R I