[pianotech] pianos going sharp

Marshall Gisondi pianotune05 at hotmail.com
Tue Sep 22 07:28:02 MDT 2009

Hi Everyone,

Well the sharp theroy changed. :-)  I went to a school to tune, and they wanted me to tune this beat up Everette that sat on  their cafeteria stage.  This poor piano's case as in pretty bad shape.   It was a half tone flat give or take. c sounded like the c sharp above it etc.  I wonder how the school will feel now that they will be billed for two pitch corrections. Another piano needed a pitch lowering which was almost a h alf tone sharp last week a Steinway grand.  It was quite interesting tha t a piano would be that flat this time of year.

Marshall

Marshall Gisondi Piano Technician
Marshall's Piano Service
pianotune05 at hotmail.com