[pianotech] re. wrist band etc

Court Stewart calexste at gmail.com
Mon Sep 21 09:59:15 MDT 2009

Marshall,

This may be a long shot, but I had a similar sounding problem to what you
are describing.  I had something called a "ganglion cyst" which was was down
between my wrist bones.  Tuning or playing for an extended period would
cause a lot of pain in my wrist and also the top of my hand near the wrist.
I wore a wrist band for a while which helped a little by limiting the range
of motion.  Finally I had a surgery (in February) and now the wrist is much
better.

That said, you'd most likely know if you had a ganglion cyst, as they're
usually noticeable.  With mine, if I bent my wrist down, it would sort of
pop up.  Pretty weird looking.  Like I say, it's a long shot, but if you've
got any unidentified bulges along the wrist area or the top of your hand,
it's something to keep in mind.

Best of luck,
Court Stewart