[pianotech] I have a couple of questions

Gerald Groot tunerboy3 at comcast.net
Sun Sep 20 09:22:29 MDT 2009

Bend your arm at the elbow more than at the wrist and you really don't have
to pound the devil out of the keys all the time either to properly set
everything.  Change the position of how you set at the piano so your wrist
is not on an angle but more straight with your arm.

Many of us use these for ear plugs.  http://www.etymotic.com/ephp/er20.aspx
I can hear all the way up to the treble just fine on most pianos.  There are
some pianos where the hammers are not hitting the strike point correctly in
the upper treble.  Then it can become difficult to hear up there with them
in.  When you're finished tuning, remove the plugs and simply double check
everything.