[pianotech] I have a couple of questions

Robin Stevens pianobee at bigpond.com
Sat Sep 19 20:32:56 MDT 2009

Marshall when I had mine fitted two years ago I was told that professional
Musicians plugs are -15db  and are suitable for piano tuners. They can make
four different Db levels. I think the lowest is -7db and the highest, I
think -30Db.

Regarding tuning in Octaves, if you want to tune aurally then you are in for
a hard time. Tuning with a good ETD eliminates notes to be tuned by octaves
and does not need hard blows for testing.

Best of luck

Robin Stevens