[pianotech] interesting piano

Ron Nossaman rnossaman at cox.net
Thu Sep 17 17:29:11 MDT 2009

Rafael M. Huberman Muñiz wrote:
> Ron,
>
> Thanks for your photos and explanation! Yes I ment by curve exactly the
> one you pointed as curve! And more precisely the left arrow you draw
> under "curve?" I apologize for not knowing the correct terms. I can see
> that I will certanly fail the rpt exams...

Actually, you said it just right - the curve. It looks to me
as if the bridge originally hooked at the low end and likely
didn't have the transition. Whoever was responsible for the
transition seems to have just used the existing bridge form,
lopped off the end, and added the transition, leaving the
beginning of the original curve in the bridge end. Again,
however it got there, it's not of any real consequence.

> Terry,
>
> I'm sorry I don't meet your expectations, and I apologize for being so
> far from your level of expertise.

I've known Terry for a while, and I'd pretty much guarantee he
didn't mean it that way. He thought I might have been
misinterpreting what you said. That's why I posted the picture
with the labels and arrows to find out for sure. No offense
intended anywhere, I think.

>  I thought this forum was for learning and sharing experiences and also
> for making mistakes and get corrected by the experts.

Oh I hope not. Experts are so often wrong. Focus on the ones
who seem to have sensible reasons for what they're saying.
Ron N (non-expert)