[pianotech] Re VJ Lube

paul bruesch paul at bruesch.net
Wed Sep 16 13:28:47 MDT 2009

Hi Terry (and Joe),

I wasn't picking that nit.  Joe's first statement to use 1/2 the amount of
lanolin is contradicted by his subsequent 3:1 recipe. So either he should
have said to use 1/3 the amount of lanolin or else his recipe is inaccurate.

I'm thinking that the exact ratio is probably not a major big deal,
actually.

I'm mostly curious as to why use so much less lanolin... I believe I have
seen the 1:1 ratio before, so I just wonder if lanolin has caused, or has
potential to cause, problems of some sort.

Paul Bruesch
Stillwater, MN