[pianotech] pianotech Digest, Vol 11, Issue 123

Israel Stein custos3 at comcast.net
Tue Sep 15 20:27:19 MDT 2009

Yes, Matthew. Three cheers and a pat on the back. And next time it'll take 30 seconds - because now you know where to look. Because this sort of thing happens quite often - there and at the keystop rail too - the same issue. And sometimes it even happens by itself - without the piano being moved.

Israel Stein

>I feel like I should have my own subject line now....

>I went to service a grand today that had a lot of excess noise when played. It was recently >moved to the new house and did not have the issue before.

>About 15 minutes or less I discovered the hammer rest rail out of kilter. The hold down nuts >were a little loose, plus the rail was knocking on the whippens....ta da! Viola. Problem was >fixed (a pat on the back).....three cheers?

>Thanks guys (and gals).

TODD PIANO WORKS
Matthew Todd, Piano Technician
(979) 248-9578