[pianotech] Steinway verdigris questions

Ken & Pat Gerler kenneth.gerler at prodigy.net
Tue Sep 15 12:27:59 MDT 2009

I've seen the same thing in a turn of the century (1900) Weber 7' grand. Since it was in a church sanctuary that was taken over by another denomination and had sat for a number of years, they wanted to get it going in a hurry, so I used both Protek and a "Heat" tweezers to get action centers working. And as I left the piano after tuning, I could tell some centers were already wanting to be sluggish.

Ken Gerler