[pianotech] What the heck???!

Duaine & Laura Hechler dahechler at att.net
Fri Sep 11 20:43:29 MDT 2009

Joseph Garrett wrote:

> <snip>
>
> Duaine,
> My, My aren't we a bit peckish?!!! Pzzzt! (I've had that feature with
> my provider, for several years! Must be the kind of operating system
> you're useing.<G>)
> Joe
I can do the same thing - except I choose not to turn off the world in
one fell swoop - then turn it on again by exception.

I found a smarter way to deal with spam.

I turn on the email headers, (a) look up the IP address, find out what
country its coming from (b) any other factors, in the headers, that
indicate spam and shut it down by IP address range.

And for you non-geeks, this takes some time - but - in the long run it
has worked.

With this method, I have shutdown about 99% of my email spam.

I'll be glad to share this method to anyone interested !

Duaine