[pianotech] Bluthner birdcage

Byeway222 at aol.com Byeway222 at aol.com
Wed Sep 9 17:39:08 MDT 2009

Hi David,

I am certainly with you on this.  Unfortunately, overdampers are
reasonably rare in the USA and given the popularity there of using  long strip muting
for tuning it is not suprising that some tuners come to  grief.   However,
I wouldn't charge extra for tuning one of our own  Brit manufactured rare
Eavestaff Minipianos which have the tuning pins  under the keyboard etc.   I
know that it will take me an age to do and  that I shall be very frustrated
and probably angry at the end of it  all.  I just pass the job onto another
tuner who I know is used to  doing them.  We shouldn't charge extra for our
lack of experience.