[pianotech] Grottian up.

David Ilvedson ilvey at sbcglobal.net
Sun Sep 6 14:18:20 MDT 2009

Nice...which sort of brings up a question:   the brass set screw/inserts for damper wire...the screw nicks up the wire, causing problems when re-tightening, i.e. wire wants to turn...

If the hole in the top flange was lined with, maybe a thin plastic or metal tube, then the screw coming through the normal insert would push in on the tube and clamp the wire...????   I realize no one is going to pay for that...just toying with the idea...

David Ilvedson, RPT
Pacifica, CA  94044