[pianotech] Test Blows

David Love davidlovepianos at comcast.net
Sat Sep 5 08:11:07 MDT 2009

That can work as well also the "pounder" made from an old hammer that some
use.  For me I don't like having to hold something in my hand since even
during the tuning of unisons (as you go method) I'm still stretching out and
testing the octave or some other interval so I don't like to have something
in my hand that I have to deal with.  But either way you do need to protect
the joints.  That's a lot of cumulative pounding adding up over the years.

David Love

www.davidlovepianos.com