[pianotech] pinblock Question

Gene Nelson nelsong at intune88.com
Tue Sep 1 20:26:58 MDT 2009

Hi John,
For the screws I have learned to use this technique that works ok - it is a two step process and I like it better than a tapered bit for the big pin block screws.
Measure the shank (may be the wrong terminology - sorry)of the screw and add 10% and that is the drill size for the threaded part. Flag the drill for depth and dirll the hole. For the shoulder, use the same drill size as the shoulder, flag the drill and redrill the hole to the depth of the shoulder.
Add just a dab of Teflon powder to make it easier to
 cut the threads.
Gene