[pianotech] agraffe prep redux

Ron Nossaman rnossaman at cox.net
Fri Nov 27 22:22:25 MST 2009

David Love wrote:
> OK so the question is the contact surface on these agraffes appear to be
> flat and not radiused.  While I’ve not looked at them under the
> microscope then do you radius the contact surface the same way you do
> the normal agraffes?  If so, what method do you use to radius the
> contact area since you can’t use the same methods of reaming an enclosed
> surface?

Nope, they're radiused in the holes. It's just a standard
agraffe cut off about half way through the hole, with the hole
otherwise unmodified. In fact, if you could get them to line
up, you could cut the tops off of the agraffes lower down, use
them in the "capo" section, and have a virgin string contact
surface to work with, replacing the modified agraffes with new.

Ron N