[pianotech] Gated Communities

pianolady50 at peoplepc.com pianolady50 at peoplepc.com
Fri Nov 20 09:21:24 MST 2009

I've only had one bad experience with a gated community.   Actually, it was more of a customer problem.  Believe it or not, the community is called Symphony Isles.  I was making the three hour round trip, with a helper, to remove the drawer from a player grand to bring to the shop for rebuild.  I had been the tech for this customer for some time and since she needed to be out of town that day, she felt comfortable leaving the key 'under the mat'.  The guard would be informed of my arrival.  The problem...she left town, forgetting to tell the guard.  So, just over three hours later I was back home leaving a message on her answering machine.  The next day I got the call, while her husband could be heard in the bachground mercilously chiding her, she apologized, offered to pay for my wasted trip, and rescheduled.  That's when I asked for the phone number at the guard house.  I called and confirmed with that guard for every appointment at Symphony Isles in the future.

Debbie L.