[pianotech] The Db1 theory

Stéphane Collin collin.s at mobistar.be
Fri Nov 13 17:01:53 MST 2009

Hi all.

Working among many pianos, I happened to elaborate a unifying theory, saying
this : in a piano (meaning any piano), there is one note that sounds better
than all others.  It is my conviction that this note is Db1 (no matter what
brand, or what instrument).  I do have clues about why is that.  I just
wanted to submit this idea to the immense tank of grey cells behind this
list.

One of the clues is here, in this video about my latest 1887 Bechstein
project, illustrating quite well, methinks, the said theory.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-q0_ySBd2N4

Best regards.

Stéphane Collin.