[pianotech] ETD stretch vs pure (octaves)

Richard Brekne ricb at pianostemmer.no
Fri Nov 13 15:51:30 MST 2009

Duaine...

I think what everyone is trying to tell you is that there really is no
such thing as a <<pure>> octave. Nor is there any non relative
definition of stretch. All octaves in pianos are stretched one way or
the other.  Our sense of pureness varies  from person to person and has
to do with just what "stretch" degree we as individuals find most
pure/pleasing.

Cheers
RicB

    Example: how can checking C3 and C4 to be "pure" and "stretched" at the
    same time.

    Duaine

    --
    Duaine Hechler