[pianotech] Young Chang grand brackets measuring

Bruce Dornfeld bdornfeld at earthlink.net
Tue Nov 10 21:24:03 MST 2009

Last night, Mike Kurta, who also frequents this list, gave a presentation to
our chapter.  He gave his "Toolin' Around" class and it was wonderful.  One
of the tools he talked about and showed is the dial caliper and the newer
digital caliper.  He mentioned the points designed to measure inside
diameter on these calipers are also great for measuring action spread.  If I
had known this sooner, I never would have used a compass to measure action
spread.  The digital caliper would have been shown in the Journal article
too.  I always wish I could rewrite these articles after getting some
feedback, but posting it here is about the best I can do.  So forget the
compass, use your caliper!  Thanks, Mike.

Bruce Dornfeld, RPT

bdornfeld at earthlink.net

North Shore Chapter