[pianotech] M & H CC string scale

erwinspiano at aol.com erwinspiano at aol.com
Mon Nov 9 16:23:59 MST 2009

This is Trix Erwin....while Dale is off fishing in Cabo, I am wondering if anyone can give me a hand with confirming a string scale on a 30 y/o Mason & Hamlin CC.... there are ties in the middle of the first capo (5 of size 16 and 5 of size 15 1/2) which seems very unusual to me....also the lowest tenor section mics out at four unisons of size 21 but that isn't written on the plate (the other numbers are) giving the appearance of 8 unisons of size 20 (?)....they also have 9 unisons of size 14 1/2 ?  Just want to make sure I don't duplicate error.  I can always take string lengths and run it through one of those nifty programs, but just thought I'd see if anyone can confirm....thanks!