[pianotech] Tool expenditures- - - was "Pay as you go"

Joseph Garrett joegarrett at earthlink.net
Mon Nov 9 15:11:21 MST 2009

Almost 20 years ago, I had my van broken into and ALL tools, etc. were taken. Once I listed all of the stuff that some slime ball took, it amounted up to slightly less than $9,000.00!! If I included the band equipment that was also stolen, it amounted to slightly over $12,000.00!! I'd hate to even think what I have invested in my shop!
However, to go out and do just basic tuning and minor repair, it is really a whole lot cheaper than most other service professions, IMHO. It is a good idea to start small and affiliate with an established shop to do the major stuff. A good sound business deal between you and the established shop will also make you money.<G> (which you can invest in more of the better/needed tools.)
Regards,
Joe Garrett, R.P.T. (Oregon)
Captain, Tool Police
Squares R I