[pianotech] Its Not Beethoven

Jim Moy jim at moypiano.com
Fri Nov 6 11:14:55 MST 2009

On Fri, Nov 6, 2009 at 10:32 AM, Duaine & Laura Hechler
<dahechler at att.net> wrote:
> WOW - It's definitely NOT Beethoven.

More like "Roll Over Beethoven" :-)

> This is the style of jazz I don't like - I call it "Modern" Jazz -
> because there is no melody, no theme, and nothing recognizable.

I thought it was more recognizable than some free improv I've
attended.  Theme and chord progression comes in at 3:51, then there's
increasingly elaborate (and showy) variations and riffs.  I thought it
was fun!  And he's worked hard on his guitar-face :)  It wouldn't have
lost anything on me if he skipped the first 2:45 of haunted-house
effects.

But as a pianotech, I fear him.

Jim