[pianotech] Double loop German stringing

Thomas Cole tcole at cruzio.com
Fri May 22 20:35:30 MDT 2009

John,

Thanks for bringing this up. Would that we could come up with a common
lexicon for the different countries to settle the "You say set off, we
say let off" gaps that never seem to go away.

Before we call the whole thing off, may I refer to Merle Mason's /Piano
Parts and Their Function//s,/ published by PTG regarding string "loops".
We make a loop for the 180 degree turnaround at a hitch pin, an eye is
the part of the bass string which goes over the hitch pin, and the
single and double German terminations are called "knots".

FWIW
Tom Cole