[pianotech] upright tilter

Jim jim at jimkinnear.com
Fri May 15 14:26:03 MDT 2009

Hey
good to know I'm not the only one who had a piano try to escape . .
In this, the only time, the piano started to roll away, and I followed, not
wanting to have it crash down onto the floor . .  Luckily, I was in a home
and we waltzed accross the room till we met the sofa, thus cushioning the
trip, and I learned a lesson.

Also, the owner was somewhere else in the home, and thus I avoided a brused
ego as well!!

I always hang on to the piano for that last 10 degrees of tilt, to prevent
other occurancezs . .  I like the strap idea, though,and will try that .
.through the posts.

Have a fun, safe weekend to all . .

Jim Kinnear
the original  www.pianoguy.com  ( not Scott, the other guy who gives lessons
by CD  !!! . . next we'll be tuning over the phone !! )