[pianotech] Raising a piano

David Boyce David at piano.plus.com
Fri Feb 27 11:49:57 PST 2009

Presumably this lady is not larger than Rachmaninov, who was 6'6" and with gigantic hands?

If Rachmaninov managed with normal pianos, perhaps she can too!

She may just be imagining that she would be better off with the piano raised 4", but might well find that it doesn't suit at all, even with plinth for the pedals.

Perhaps the lady doesn't appreciate that all the great concert pianists, whatever their size, play pianos with keys the same height (give or take a very small margin) from the floor.   Making the stool lower seems the best option!

Best,

David.