[pianotech] Fwd: Erwins key dip gauge

andré oorebeek oorebeek at planet.nl
Fri Feb 27 07:50:05 PST 2009

On Feb 27, 2009, at 4:41 PM, A440A at aol.com wrote:

>  So,  if I am regulating for the highest level, I am going to split
> the
> error and allow blow and keydip to both vary slightly so that
> aftertouch remains
> consistant. It feels better than if I allow dip to take up all the
> inequalities of the action.

Ed, I wrote ...

quote:
Give any decent instrument a really good and precise key dip and
regulation and the result will almost always be very nice and very
satisfying.
Aftertouch is the last regulation procedure and I like that the most.
because it shows whether I have done a thorough regulation, or not.
Aftertouch also shows that in some places the action is willing to
'give more', and in other places less.
The beauty of this is that it all depends on the making of a superb
key dip/key frame regulation, which I consider an art in itself.
unquote

Which means that making a proper aftertouch is obvious.

friendly greetings
from
André Oorebeek

Antoni van Leeuwenhoekweg 15