[pianotech] Raising a piano

Ron Nossaman rnossaman at cox.net
Fri Feb 27 06:16:45 PST 2009

> I was thinking about using some 4x4 blocks and using a boringbit to
> drill a cup for the wheels.
>
> Jack Houweling

Hi Jack,
I don't know why that wouldn't work. I'd think you'd want to
add a similar block to the lyre top plate, and move the plate
(if there is one) to the top of the block. You'd need longer
pedal rods, which aren't a problem, and I'm tooled up to make
Steinway style lyre sticks of any length if you can use that
style, or come up with something on your own.

You'll feel like a little kid sitting at the "big" table for
Thanksgiving dinner when you tune it, but what the heck.
Ron N