[pianotech] regulation tool : too wide

KeyKat88 at aol.com KeyKat88 at aol.com
Fri Feb 27 05:44:50 PST 2009

Great Idea!

In a message dated 2/26/2009 6:57:33 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,
jonpage at comcast.net writes:

I wish that the manufacturers would taper the top end of the Let  Off
dowel so a stock tool can easily reach the jack set screw.  There  is
no need for that mass above the capstan holes. (Roger, how 'bout  it)

If I were to install a new set, I'd chuck each one in a drill and  taper
with a pencil sharpener, much the same as I sharpen pencils now.
Lacking a sharpener large enough, taper against a disk sander or  such.

Minutes at the manufacturing level would save cumulative hours in the  field,
it should even save time at the factory.  (Roger... ... ...  Roger?)

Regards,

Jon  Page

**************Get a jump start on your taxes. Find a tax professional in your
neighborhood today.