[pianotech] Introducing myself- Steinway pedals, string

William Monroe bill at a440piano.net
Tue Feb 24 18:24:26 PST 2009

Allan,

Yes, swivel the Lyre Button (don't ask me why it's a button, but that's what
S&S call it) and the lyre will come forward, sometimes you may need the
assistance of a rubber mallet.  Make sure the lyre stickes don't fall on the
hard floor when you do this.

And yes, replace both strings of the F2 unison, or it will not match.  Of
course, now F2 won't match the rest of the bass, but................

William R. Monroe

SNIP