[pianotech] BBB

Delwin D Fandrich del at fandrichpiano.com
Tue Feb 24 11:17:03 PST 2009

That is, at least the theory and the marketing story. Over the years, however, I
have done follow-up work on several pianos that had be butchered by technicians
and shops that were BBB members. When I queried the owners I was told that they
did complain to the BBB and they had copies of the letters to prove it. Yet when
I made inquiries to the BBB I was assured that there were no "active" complaints
against the perps. I've come to the conclusion over the years that the
organization is primarily set up to make money for themselves and any
benefit--if such really exists--to the community is strictly secondary.

ddf

  _____