[pianotech] Efficient non-destructive hammer removing?

David Ilvedson ilvey at sbcglobal.net
Mon Feb 23 18:04:26 PST 2009

I use heat.   Unger heat gun but I don't overdue it...the tool works well.   Are interested in this for in the field testing?   I'm wondering if anyone has different hammers hung on shanks/flanges for different pianos, i.e.  Renner Shank/Flanges for NY Steinway D, each with a different kind of hammer.   It seems to me it would work and be close enough to hear what it sounds like in the tenor sections...couldn't you pull the action in and out to line it up with the treble.   Be gentle with me...
David Ilvedson, RPT
Pacifica, CA 94044